Re: [opensuse-packaging] factory-auto will start checking bnc# visibility
  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 14:45:21 -0200
On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
2.) Modify the check script to take the date of submission into account.
+ changelog entries are dated and the checker should be able to
ignore checks for bnc# referenced prior to a certain date

This proposal provides the information contributors need on a going forward
basis. I realize that we are still left with debt based on past practices,
but in reality that debt is not going to get cleaned up, thus we might as
well ignore it. Additionally the proposal allows things that are in the
past, when the practices were different, to remain in the past. Some
information is not accessible, that's unfortunate, but again this is very
unlikely to change even if we try to enforce openness for the past. Last but
not least the proposal establishes a new practice going forward. If followed
consistently, the past practice will be less and less relevant in the
future.

3.) Allow entries to be marked for exception. Legal bugs may need to
stay private, and with a good description at its side that might be a
non-issue. The change author should be able to mark its desire for it
to be an exception, factory reviewers would verify that the
description does indeed substitute the bug report.