[opensuse-packaging] factory-auto will start checking bnc# visibility
  • From: Tomáš Chvátal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:59:53 +0100
Hello guys,

Just informational mail that we plan to enable bnc# checking in the changelogs
to ensure that Factory submissions are in fact only listing visible bugs. [1]
[2]

The code is set-up the way it checks the changelog and reports back with all
occurances of bugs that were not visible (it ignores the bnc if bugzilla does
not respond, so no worries if it is down, everything is approved :P).

Your actions if cases like this happen are quite simple:
1) make the initial bug visible and mark the internal comments as internal.
2) if not sure ask somebody who knows more to do it for you.

As I wrote there in the code [2] it checks the full new changelog in case some
bnc should not be there we don't get conflicts when comparing just diff. So you
might get request to make really old bugs visible. It is a tiny annoyance but
then we ensure that all informations about our fixes can be really read by
anybody.

Cheers

Tom

PS: feel free to improv perl in [2] as I am not exactly mage there :)

[1] https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/571
[2] https://github.com/coolo/factory-auto/pull/46
< Previous Next >