Re: [opensuse-packaging] Building release-notes-openSUSE: automake needed?

Quoting Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>:

ATM, I must BuildRequire automake to build the release-notes-openSUSE
package. Do I have a wrong dependency somewhere? In the past, it was
not needed.

I tried to rebuild the package with the automake and autoconf from 12.3,
but with no success.

Very likely an error in the updated tarball.
Possibly make dist not run in a full tree?

Eitherway: the 'reason' is that 'make' sees something as missing and wants to do the bootstrapping for you.

I tried a simple reboot strap on my machine:
tar xf release-notes-opensuse-13.1.7.tar.bz2
cd release-notes-opensuse-13.1.7
autoreconf -fiv
./configure
make dist

then use the new tarball to build and automake is no longer needed.

NOTE: I did the bootstrapping on an older openSUSE version (12.2) so this can surely have some effect (one difference between your old and new tarball is the switch from automake 1.12 to automake 1.13 when bootstrapping.

to make it fully work, you might have to start libtoolize first as well.

Dominique