Re: [opensuse-packaging] libortp
On Thursday 2013-06-20 19:24, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Thursday 2013-06-20 16:59, Mariusz Fik wrote:

I'm working on update libortp[1]. For now, we have package named
libortp8 and version 0.20.0. Updating to current release 0.22.0 bumps
so from 8 to 9. And now I have a dilemma, should I create a new
package named libortp9 and let it reside along with libortp8 or create
libortp (and avoid re-adding new package in the future when so gets
higher number) and remove libortp8?

1. Multiple source packages may exist, if-f the newest ortp version
cannot yet simply be used by some programs.[...]
(I should put this somewhere into the wiki once I found the right page
to add it to.)

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Package_naming_guidelines#Multiple_packages_for_the_same_software
This section existed before, I expanded upon it a bit.