Re: [opensuse-packaging] Changelog: Reference github issues or pull requests
On 06/13/2013 12:46 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:
Johannes Weberhofer (jweberhofer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
Am 13.06.2013 11:33, schrieb Johannes Weberhofer:
At
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Patches_guidelines#Current_set_of_abbreviations
there is a quite impressive list of abbreviations to link to tickets of
different system;

As there is a growing number of tools which come from github, it would be great
to have the possibility to reference the bugs; unfortunately they don't offer
system-wide IDs but project specific IDs...

Is there any plan how to handle this?

Best regards,
Johannes

maybe something like gh#fail2ban/fail2ban/pull/249 or
gh#fail2ban/fail2ban/issues/243 ?

It would be better if it was at least partially consistent with
github's own cross-referencing system, which for the above examples
would be:

fail2ban/fail2ban#249
fail2ban/fail2ban#243

However we would still need a prefix to identify the github namespace,
so maybe something like this?

gh:fail2ban/fail2ban#249
gh:fail2ban/fail2ban#243

https://help.github.com/articles/github-flavored-markdown#references

Would github recognize these and mark them properly? In that case I suggest to go for it - meaning enhance the packaging guidelines with this new convention,

Andreas