Re: [opensuse-packaging] uncertainties about patch packaging

On Monday 2013-05-06 18:18, Greg Freemyer wrote:
To have this additional paragraph:

In general, if a patch is only destined to home/devel/factory projects
a bugzilla entry is not required on new patches. For patches to
released packages that will go out as updates, a bugzilla entry and
reference is required as is a reference to the BNC# in the changes
file.

---
Again I don't know for sure it is required on updates, but since a
bugzilla entry is already required I can't think of any good reason
not to add a BNC reference to the end of the patch description line.

IF there really are projects that require a BNC for new patches, then
the above could be extended to say that.

As has already been said elsewhere in this thread, the Update
Procedure BNC Entry is for the *update as a whole* and belongs into
.changes, not so much to a single patch.

Of course, the two may coincide if a *preexisting* BNC Entry
with a bugfix gets subsequently reused as a reference to use in the
Maintenance Update Process.