Re: [opensuse-packaging] uncertainties about patch packaging
  • From: Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 12:26:52 +0100
Greg Freemyer (greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
Adam Spiers <aspiers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
It's also unclear how I should add a line

# PATCH-FIX-OPENSUSE fix-for-opensuse-specific-things.patch bnc#123456

when there is no bnc entry. If it's OK to omit the bnc# field, the
page should say that. Or if it's not, the page should explicitly say
that a bugzilla entry should be filed if one doesn't already exist.

For SRs to devel project or factory a bnc is not required on new patches .
For patches to released packages that will go out as updates, they should be
required. I don't know if that is enforced by the maintenance/security team
in the specfile, but it is in the changes file. (Ie. All post release updates
require a bnc entry in the changes file.)

Many thanks for the info but again I think it would be more useful if
people spent the time improving the wiki pages for this rather than
giving the information in this thread where its life span is very low.