Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Howto protect files from removing after uninstall of a rpm?
2013/5/1 Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>:
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
В Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:45:51 +0200 (CEST)
Yamaban <foerster@xxxxxxxx> пишет:

On Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:05, Meike Stone <meike.stone@...> wrote:
2013/4/26 Meike Stone <meike.stone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hello,

I try to build a RPM. All is working fine. But I need that after
uninstall of the rpm two files always should be left on disk. If the
package is updated, file should be replaced with the file from new
rpm and replaced renamed as .rpmsave.

Is there a way to do this in the spec file?

In general: define the file as %config(noreplace)

Was not the question how to *replace* files during installation?

I think the harder question was how to not delete them on
uninstallation of the rpm.

Yes that's my problem., the config file, that must remain on the disk
must not be renamed, while removing the rpm.

I would probably try to install them to a base location, then copy
them to the final location in the %postin section, but I don't know if
that would work or not.

I think your method sounds good, a possible solution from the dilemma :-)

Thanks Meike