Re: [opensuse-packaging] Changing locale settings for building a package
El 17/02/13 18:19, Karl Ove Hufthammer escribió:
I’m working on creating a package where the ‘build’ process seems to
depend on being run under a UTF-8 locale. It turns out the the package
when built on the OBS succeeds, but contains an invalid file, due to
improper multibyte handling. I can get the same invalid file by doing a
‘LC_ALL=C make’ on my local system.

Is there a way to make OBS run under a UTF-8 locale, like ‘en_US.UTF-8’?
What is the recommend way of handling problems like this?

What you want is to fix the root cause, not to make build run which utf8 locale.