Re: [opensuse-packaging] package looking for maintainer: the AT daemon
Am 27.11.2012 20:22, schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:
El 27/11/12 06:48, Ludwig Nussel escribió:

I don't think the above is in the spirit of systemd. Ideally atd would
parse /etc/sysconfig/atd itself¹ and set it's defaults accordingly. Using
shell for this kind of things is one of the reasons why init scrips
became such beasts.

The main issue here is the usage of this wonderful invention called
sysconfig, which is really a hack for software whose authors were too
lazy to include a basic configuration file. ;)

Now it has become entangled into the complete system and is very hard to
get rid of :-|

[1] maybe we should have a common C library for that task

libHX already knows how to parse sysconfig files AFAIK.

Does debian actually have some scm for at or are just magically tarballs
popping up at their ftp site?

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer