Re: [opensuse-packaging] package looking for maintainer: the AT daemon
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 13:38:38 +0100
Michal Kubeček wrote:
On Tuesday 27 of November 2012 11:21EN, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
The person decided to do it via shell hacks as it was
quite common to do it that way back then. It's a good thing to get
rid of such hacks and patch the features into daemon itself anyways,
indepedent of whether or not systemd is used for booting.

As far as I can say from the proposed config, the features are actually
implemented in atd and the "hacks" just translate sysconfig variables to
command line parameters. Many init scripts do things like this as
daemons rarely parse /etc/sysconfig themselves.

So? We are talking about free software here. Add a few lines of C and
they do. No need to add shell wrappers.

cu
Ludwig

--