Re: [opensuse-packaging] Common LIsp packaging
  • From: Alex Naumov <alexander_naumov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 00:14:58 +0100
Hi Christian,

thanks a lot for your reply!

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:52 PM, Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Am Montag, 19. November 2012 schrieb Alex Naumov:
The first version of it you can find there:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Lisp
(please discuss here before edit something in wiki)

I don't know anything about Lisp, but... (quoting from the wiki page)

| BuildRequires: common-lisp-controlle
| Requires: common-lisp-controller
| Requires(post): common-lisp-controller
| Requires(preun): common-lisp-controller

a) the first line seems to miss a r (...-controlle_r_)

For sure... FIXED

b) what about grouping those lines into a macro %lisp_requires, similar
to %perl_requires?

Do you mean macros.perl file?

%perl_requires() \
%if 0%{?suse_version} > 0 && 0%{?suse_version} < 1700 \
Requires: perl = %{perl_version} \
%endif

Yes, good idea, but we have not such macro file for Lisp until now.
And the question is... where we can add it?
For perl or python it's easy, because we put it to package of
interpreter: perl or python-base, but for Common Lisp there are
different interpreters/compilers implementation. For example, clisp or
sbcl.
Maybe it make sense to add such macros to the common-lisp-controller package.

| %install
|
| %{__rm} -rf %{buildroot}

IIRC the "normal packaging guidelines" (as you call them) tell you not
to delete the buildroot ;-)

Yes, you are right, it's also FIXED.

| # Replace @NAME@ below with the Common Lisp library name, which may be
| different from the package name if it is not already prefixed with
| "cl-".

You might want to define this as a variable in the spec file to avoid
duplication.

The remaining part of %install looks like you might want to create one
or more rpm macros (assuming the %install of most/all lisp packages is
done exactly as shown in your example spec file)

Now I'm curious if you also get feedback from people who know something
about Lisp ;-)

I'm waiting critic about using ASDF ;-)
Now I'm trying to build some packages with quicklisp.

Regards,

Christian Boltz

Thanks again for feedback ;-)