Re: [opensuse-packaging] introducing new file types
Le vendredi 16 novembre 2012, à 09:28 +0000, Cristian Morales Vega a écrit :
On 16 November 2012 09:06, Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Le vendredi 16 novembre 2012, à 09:16 +0100, Denny Beyer a écrit :

Dear packagers,
please share your thoughts on the following issue:

A package comes with it's own filetypes.

How do I get the correct filetype association? - So, when clicking on the
file,
this program will be opened?

The new filetypes are *.cademia and *.cademia_macro . Besides it's own file
format, it should also be associated with *.dxf files, which I've done
already.

The wiki doesn't cover that topic, so I ask here.

I think what you're looking for is:
http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/AddingMIMETutor

(you also need to make sure the MIME types are registered in the
.desktop files of the apps)

Any good resource to get icons for the MIME type? I tried once in
opensuse-artwork but I didn't get any answer
(http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-artwork/2012-09/msg00012.html)

ps. in my case upstream is also unable to provide one

If neither upstream nor our artwork team can do that, then it leaves,
well, you :-)

Sorry, I'm not aware of a better alternative.

Cheers,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.