Re: [opensuse-packaging] Issues with Factory repo for pwdutils
On Sun, Nov 11, Raymond Wooninck wrote:

Hi,

I have cross posted this message in both Factory and Packaging, as that I am
not sure where exactly it belongs.

Since this weekend I am seeing issues when a package is build against Factory
snapshot and the %pre/%post scripts are trying to create a group/user. (The
example is from lightdm)

The script executed is:

%pre
/usr/sbin/groupadd -r lightdm 2> /dev/null || :
/usr/sbin/useradd -r -o -g lightdm -s /bin/false -c "LightDM daemon" \
-d /var/lib/lightdm lightdm 2> /dev/null || :
/usr/sbin/usermod -g lightdm -G lightdm -s /bin/false lightdm 2> /dev/null

[...]

[ 232s] useradd: -o flag is only allowed with the -u flag

[...]

[ 232s] -o, --non-unique allow to create users with duplicate
[ 232s] (non-unique) UID

Ok, did you ever thought about what your command line should do?
Garbage in -> garbage out.
And no, I will not fix fix pwdutils anymore to reject bogus command
line options ;)

Please fix your %pre script and don't use -o without -u <uid>, it
really does not make any sense.

Thorsten

GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend├Ârffer, HRB 16746 (AG N├╝rnberg)