Re: [opensuse-packaging] Factory status
On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Sascha Peilicke <speilicke@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM, Cristian Morales Vega
<reddwarf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- python-tagpy devel:languages:python saschpe
Fails for 41 days: taglib update

Hi. I've got a fix for this, it's in multimedia:libs.

Thing is, I just noticed python-tagpy's devel project is actually
d:l:p[1], not m:l[2]. The fix needed another fix for taglib[4] (which
I just forwarded to factory), so I would have fixed it first in m:l
anyway if I had known. I can SR from m:l to d:l:p, and then forward to
Factory, but I'm wondering why is there such duplication. I can't see
anything depending on it[0].

Generally, all Python modules are collected in d:l:r:e and usually, other
projects linkpac from there. It's rather uncommon to be the other way
around. Even though the module is closely related to taglib, it's an
independent project and IMO belongs into d:l:r:e.

So it would make sense if you would indeed submit to d:l:r:e, however will
accept the request will also (automatically) forward this to Factory.

So, now I've got it in d:l:p, but it's failing because taglib hasn't
made the snapshot repo yet.

I guess I have to wait until it does to submit (otherwise autobuild
would reject the SR for failing to build in Factory)... right?