Re: [opensuse-packaging] openSUSE Packaging Guidelines Update
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 13:18:58 +0100
On Wednesday, November 07, 2012 11:53:50 Adam Spiers wrote:
Hi Andreas,

Andreas Jaeger (aj@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
On the opensuse-packaging mailing list, we've recently formed a team
that will take care of the packaging guidelines and introduced a
small process to change them:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_guidelines_change_process

As part of that process, we're announcing regularly the changes to
the packaging guidelines. Since this is a first such announcement,
it is not a complete change but just points out a few things from
the past few months. In the future, we will send out this email
once a month.

The Packaging guidelines can be found at
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_guidelines .

That sounds great!

I'm quite new to most of this, but I just wanted to mention / confess
that in the last few days I have been attempting to improve

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Ruby

Great!

based on discussions on opensuse-ruby. There are still some
unanswered questions which hopefully will be resolved very shortly.

Could you introduce the change on this mailing list as well and ask for
additional feedback, please?

I very much like the idea of enforcing policy by extending rpmlint;
however it seems that some people are happy to ignore rpmlint
warnings :-/ I guess the badness numbers could be tweaked to deal
with this.

Yes, that's a separate discussion to have,

Andreas