[opensuse-packaging] Re: Factory status
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 10:43:42 +0100
On Mon, Nov 05, 2012 at 10:34:24PM +0100, Dirk Mueller wrote:
On Sunday 04 November 2012, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:

The following packages have been failing to build on Factory for more
than 7 days. This is a reminder for anybody that could be interested
- libgcj43 openSUSE:Factory matz2
- libgcj41 openSUSE:Factory matz2
Fails for 55 days: java test cases...

Hi,

would it be possible to get those compilers finally dropped? they don't build
on ARM at all, and for months the submitrequests from the devel project are
rejected due to licensing policy changes in Factory. I don't see any solution
going forward and I don't know what it takes to get it finally removed. I'm
pretty sure that nothing depends on it anymore as we have removed all
dependencies on those compilers for the ARM port (at least as far as it
mattered to us).

For openjdk, we need only the latest gcj, so the former ones can be
easilly dropped and everyone will be happy.

I've issued following delete requests

openSUSE:Factory libgcj41 140302
openSUSE:Factory libgcj43 140303
devel:gcc libgcj43 140304