Re: [opensuse-packaging] systemd status in Factory : WAIT BEFORE UPGRADING TO CURRENT FACTORY
* Frederic Crozat <fcrozat@xxxxxxxx> [11-05-12 05:43]:
as some people noticed, despite testing new systemd release in a Staging
repository for some weeks, some bugs went into the upgrade.

Those bugs are due to both systemd and udev being moved to /usr.

Yes, resulting in a non-bootable system :^(

What does it means for packagers :

What does it mean for testers who have attempted upgrade before your
announcement?

Current issues
- filesystem upgrade: this one is still under investigation
(fortunately, Robert has a VM exhibiting the bug so I'll be able to test
this one). For M1, filesystem was reverted to its previous state and
we'll see on re-doing the changes after M1 is out.
- mkinitrd needed to be modified to correctly handle udev new path but
unfortunately, I missed one directory in my patch to handle this. Fixed
package should be pushed in Factory pretty soon.
- udev was supposed to move /lib/udev to /usr/lib/udev but one test in
the install script in udev package was wrong, which was preventing
the /lib/udev move. This will be also fixed soon.

Until all those issues are fixed (I'll sent a follow-up mail here),
please DON'T UPGRADE YOUR FACTORY INSTALLATION.

And how to recover? Or should I just wait for m1 and make a new install?
I have system access via a live cd but initrd is trashed, and mkinitrd in
a chroot fails noting missing device map and cannot find match for hd0.