Re: [opensuse-packaging] package looking for maintainer: the AT daemon
  • From: Krzysztof Żelechowski <giecrilj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 13:19:33 +0100

Am 03.11.2012 03:29, schrieb Cristian Rodríguez:
Hi:

I will no longer maintain fix or otherwise care about the "at"
daemon, starting now because I would rather devout my time testing
and improving systemd.timer(5)

So it is now up for grabs.

that's all ;)

Can you estimate the effort needed to keep it running and the time
frame until when people will start complaining why I bother the list
with help requests for "old rubbish"?

at(1) is part of the posix utilities so it won't go away any time
soon in favor of non-portable, proprietary tools such as systemd
(or launchd timers which systemd is aping).

What do you mean by ’proprietary’ in this context? It usually means that the
specification and implementation is under control of a single commercial entity
that controls them for profit, like Adobe Flash or, to a smaller extent, Oracle
Java. I doubt systemd is proprietary in that sense.

Chris