Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to detect package's version in specfile?
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 10:48 PM, Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx> wrote:
1.) it is perfectly valid to check package version in a spec calling
rpm -q $PACKAGE - Rudi pointed it makes more sense to do that, that
missusing %suse_version macro.

I still think it might be a good idea to give Tumbleweed a valid
rolling version number like 1225 (1220 < Tumbleweed < Factory = 1230)
in /usr/lib/rpm/suse_macros. or just add a new macro like sles.

But since it's not possible (seems), we can use specific package
version to do the trick.

eg: xulrunner-devel is not available in <=1210. and Tumbleweed is the
only one have 14.0.1 version. (12.2 is 16.0.1 and Factory is 16.0.2)

so:

%if 0%{?suse_version} >= 1220
%if 0%{?xulrunner_version} < 15
// Now you're in Tumbleweed env
%endif
%endif

the shortcoming is if Tumbleweed updates this package, we need to find
new unique package. or we can submit a fake package into Tumbleweed to
do the job solely.

PS: Guido, is "s|\\..*$||" regression? I asked around on gtalk, but no
one knows such regex style...can you explain it a little bit?

Marguerite