[opensuse-packaging] Re: your mail

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 12:46:29PM +0100, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
The following packages have been failing to build on Factory for more
than 30 days. This is a reminder for anybody that could be interested
in any of them. Any package failing to build for more than 100 days
will be dropped from openSUSE.

- libgcj43 Fails for 277 days: undefined reference to
`__cxa_call_unexpected'

@Richard: I wouldd drop all older releases of gcc-java and leave only the
latest (libgcj47 atm) one for openjdk bootstrap. Unfortunatelly, there's no
chance to do drop it completelly.

- elilo Fails for 92 days: undefined reference to
`__stack_chk_fail_local' (New upstream version 3.14 available)
- opensuse-manuals_ru Fails for 86 days: java 1.7 breaks it

I'm looking on it, but it might make a sense to accept some of the
noarch packages to be built only on one architecture. At least in case
opensuse-manuals, doing the i586/x86_64 builds is pointless and waste
our limited build power.

- selinux-policy Fails for 74 days: error(s) encountered while parsing
configuration (Different changes in devel project (since 6 months))
- libgcj41 Fails for 47 days: java test cases...

The same as libgcj43

- compiz Fails for 44 days: kwin changes
- kdegraphics3 Fails for 42 days: gphoto update (Current sources were
declined: request 138654)
- xerces-j2-bootstrap Fails for 33 days: temporary failure

Because of libgcj47 dependencies ...

- hawk Fails for 33 days: cannot load such file --
gettext/tools/rgettext (rails 2 vs rails 3?)
- python-tagpy Fails for 33 days: taglib update
- rubygem-webyast-time Fails for 31 days: Missing partial
shared/online_help (Different changes in devel project (since 23
days))
- ccscript3 Fails for 30 days: undefined reference to `main' (Request
139531 to network:telephony)
- iscsitarget Fails for 30 days: kernel 3.6

This is a test. Please give some feedback. Anything to improve? Did
this email actually helped you?
The email was sent BCC to the package maintainers I could identify. I
couldn't identify one clear one for ccscript3 and sent it to the
latest .changes entry.

OK, some feedback

* Why the subject is Re: your email? I'm bit curious it did not end in
my spam folder ;-)

* I don't think that using BCC is needed - all our emails are easilly
accessible for every OBS user and the maintainer should be interested
someone is going to fix his package ...

Regards
Michal Vyskocil
< Previous Next >