Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packaging Guideline enforcement
On Sun, 2012-10-28 at 14:38 -0300, Cristian Rodríguez wrote:

That information should be retrived from a different source, just like
upstream changelogs. either
from the SCM history, rpm metadata or something automated and yet to be
developed, where the OBS knows a new patch has been added
and stores such information for everybody to see, without bothering
packages with meaningless tasks.

I know you know better than that Christian.. BUT: OBS is not really a
VCS... you know, I know.. everybody knows.. let's stop claiming the
opposite.

It is so absurd that complyng with this rules takes more time than
actually fixing a problem.

Packaging is a task of it's own... and, considering that I can update an
entire gnome stack in < 2 days (which is ~ 200 packages!) I don't think
those 'rules' are that difficult to honor... in fact, they just ask you
to write down what you do... I know, documentation is NOT exactly what
devs like.. but without it, we're just lost.

Dominique