Re: [opensuse-packaging] Question about 'osc mr'
On Sun, Oct 07, 2012 at 11:32:05AM +0200, Christian Trippe wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to provide updates for two different packages (kdebase4-workspace
and
kdepim4) for 12.2 and followed
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Package_maintenance

After having one package ready I wanted to submit this with 'osc mr' from the
local working directory of kdebase4-workspace. It turned out that also the
kdepim4 package was submitted back, see

So is it correct that 'osc mr' always submits all branched packages back?

This might be a useful feature to submit, e.g. an update of KDE SC, but I am
not sure if this is a good default. And I could not figure out how to submit
only one of the branched packages back with 'osc mr'

To avoid confusion, you can do seperate branches for seperate updates.

e.g. for the kdepim4 fix you did, a "osc mbranch kdepim4" would have branched
kdepim4 into home:user:branches:OBS_Maintained:kdepim4 and you could have
had it localized this way.

You can submit single packages out of a project with multiple ones by doing
either osc mr with all arguments (see help) or doing submitrequests in the
packave sourcedirectories if there a single-package fixes.

Ciao, Marcus