Re: [opensuse-packaging] RFC: Lua packaging guidelines
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 16:29:38 +0200
Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 04:12:43PM +0200, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
# The major.minor version of Lua
%lua_version %(lua -e 'print(_VERSION)' | cut -d ' ' -f 2)

I'd suggest to compute that once at build time when installing the
macros file rather than having rpm evaluate that ugly piece of shell
each time.

I think that's a bit overkill. The perl/python/ruby macros look pretty
much the same, and there really is no need to speed up lue package
building by the fraction of a second.

It's not about speed. It's about beauty and robustness :-) I didn't say
potential other existing macro files aren't ugly too. I guess someone
started with this method and others just copied.

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel