[opensuse-packaging] Packaging Policies - and how to change them: A proposal
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 13:07:55 +0200
Looking at our packaging policies, I see nobody nobody currently
taking care of it and no real process to change them and make those
changes known.

So, I'd like to propose the following:
* Introduce a simple process for changing the policies, e.g.:
- send an email to opensuse-packaging with a proposal for change
- discuss change
- if change gets accepted by packagers and reviewers:
+ update the wiki pages
+ send an email to opensuse-announce about the change (we can also
collect a couple of smaller changes and only send this out once
a while)
* I suggest to form a small team that guides the process and decides
if there is no consensus - and better formulates the process.

Any better ideas?

Who likes to join the team and help shaping the packaging policies?

Andreas