Re: [opensuse-packaging] So I packaged up darcs; now what do I do with it?
On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 05:02:06AM +0200, Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Tue, 24 Jul 2012 16:59:55 -0500, Damien Radtke
<damienradtke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

1) Where would the ideal place to submit this package be?

I'd say devel:tools:scm is the right place as git and svn etc. are
also there.

Is it too late to get it in one of the default repos for 12.2,

12.2 is frozen so there's no chance to now get in a new package.

or would Packman be better?

Packman is only then the better place when the danger of probably
infringing software patents i.e. mostly the multimedia stuff.

2) Am I correct in thinking that the repos holding build dependencies
(in this case, the haskell development repos) aren't necessary to be
subscribed to when a user installs it?

I don't know but I've never tried it.

As it should build self-contained in the distribution, if dependencies
are required, they need to be also in some reachable repositories.

If darcs is to enter openSUSE itself, its build dependencies also need
to be there.

Ciao, Marcus