Re: [opensuse-packaging] Warning: makeinfo was splitted off from texinfo
On Tuesday 24 July 2012, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:55:12AM +0200, Ruediger Meier wrote:
On Wednesday 18 July 2012, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
Hi,

for all of those packages which uses

BuildRequires: texinfo

or hope on the standard build environment providing texinfo,
please use

BuildRequires: makeinfo

as the makeinfo utility has been split off from texinfo package
to avoid that TeXLive packages will be installed for generating
simple info file(s).

For packages depending texinfo tools like texi2dvi the required
TeXLive packages will be installed if and only if the packages
texlive-specs-a upto texlive-specs-z and texlive will be part
of openSUSE:Factory. With this we have than the same package
structure as TeXLive upstream already provides (more than 6000
packages:).

Hm, installing a complete texlive-bin takes ages now ...
I see that splitting all these texlive packages could be nice for
OBS build systems if it would speed up things. In practice the
split is just annoying.
For example installing texlive-dvips for Factory takes much much
longer than installing texlive-bin on 11.4.

This is a problem of libzypp as it runs after every texlive package
the posttrans scriplet instead of doing this after the transaction
is complete. I'm touching files below /var/run/texlive in the
post and postun scriplets which will checked in the posttrans
scriplet by the update script. If the all posttrans scriptlets would
be executed after all texlive packages had been installed then the
update script would run only once (e.g. doing texhash, fmtutils-sys,
updmap-sys, ..., and removing the control files below
/var/run/texlive).

To support posttrans in libzypp the rpm has to know about
--noposttrans as with this option libzypp can cause rpm to skip the
posttrans scriptlet to be able to do this job at its own.

Is zypper used at all to install the local osc build systems?
BTW will the split make it already into 12.2? So should we check for
suse_version > 1220 or >= 1220?

cu,
Rudi