Re: [opensuse-packaging] Newbie documentation example for a package edit and submission
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 18:53:11 -0400
On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07/19/2012 02:02 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:

All,

Based on a email I got from Andreas Jeager, I started to create a full
example of branching a package, patching it and submitting it back:

http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tutorial#A_start_to_end_example_of_a_simple_change

It definitely needs more work, but I don't know of any other true
tutorial style example on the wiki.

Is there by chance a package in OBS that is relatively trivial to use in
this example. It would be best if it didn't have a maintainer getting
notification emails about SRs.

It would also be nice if it had at least one patch, so the user would
have something to model when they add a patch to the specfile.

I would like the tutorial example to end by having a SR
submitted, then revoked by the budding OBS user. Not having anyone
getting SR related emails would make that feasible with no one in the
loop but the person going through the tutorial..

Why not create a "tutorial" project with a package in it and use it?

Robert

I've used "hello" as the basis of a tutorial package in my home
project. It doesn't build yet, but the basics are there:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=tutorial&project=home%3Agregfreemyer%3Abranches%3ABase%3ASystem

I'm going to SR it to openSUSE:/Tools unless someone says otherwise.

Greg