Re: [opensuse-packaging] Could we decide on an official policy about pkgconfig() style BuildRequires?
On Wed, 4 Jul 2012, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:

On 4 July 2012 09:27, Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Ah, and I forget they do not work for multilibs as pkgconfig has no
designed way to distinguish them.

First and most important: How can I distinguish them when *not* using
pkgconfig() BuildRequires?

BuildRequires: glibc-devel-32bit

And even if pkg-config itself has no way to distinguish them
/usr/lib/rpm/pkgconfigdeps.sh could be modified to include arch
information (upstream, to preserve cross-distro compatibility).

That's true. But then we are not using pkgconfig (well, we are not
anyways, we are just creating fake pkgconfig(foo) provides).

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx>
SUSE / SUSE Labs