Re: [opensuse-packaging] Could we decide on an official policy about pkgconfig() style BuildRequires?
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <reddwarf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:54:12 +0100
On 4 July 2012 09:27, Richard Guenther <rguenther@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Ah, and I forget they do not work for multilibs as pkgconfig has no
designed way to distinguish them.

First and most important: How can I distinguish them when *not* using
pkgconfig() BuildRequires?

And even if pkg-config itself has no way to distinguish them
/usr/lib/rpm/pkgconfigdeps.sh could be modified to include arch
information (upstream, to preserve cross-distro compatibility).