Re: [opensuse-packaging] Web Font Formats: Where to install?
Hi,

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012, Thomas Schraitle wrote:

during my font packaging for M17N:fonts, I've come across an
installation issue for Web fonts.

For example, let's consider the St Marie[1] font. It is such a "Web
font"[2] and is published in several Web font formats as SVG[3], EOT[4],
and Woff[5].

The current root directory to search for fonts is /usr/share/fonts. It
contains several subdirectories whereas truetype and Type1 are certainly
the best known/most used. But... there is no directory for SVG, EOT, and
Woff files.

IMHO they should be separated, but no other dir seems to fit. Where do I
install such files?

Given that OpenType, Embedded OpenType and Web Open Font Format are just
slightly fancy version of TrueType, the truetype/ directory seems
appropriate, no need for directory inflation.

I wouldn't package the svg variant at all, as they aren't really usable
with normal font rendering engines (unlike truetype), it seems they were
invented for embedding them (or parts of them) in webpages.

Ciao,
Michael.