[opensuse-packaging] openSUSE:11.3:Update and openSUSE:11.4:Update re-setup
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 08:59:12 +0200

Hi,

in preparation to switch to OBS 2.3 maintenance functionality, I will re-setup
the projects for the released updates for 11.3 and 11.4 distribution now.

This may affect you packagers today, because all the packages inside will be
removed and reimported. So, people who build against :Update (which is not
default),
may see temporary problems or rebuild triggers.

However, this will *NOT* affect any users just installing the updates to their
system.

We will generate the official Update stream afterwards out of these projects,
but
we will validate first that the result is correct before we redirect the users
to the new repository (won't happen this week).

In theory the projects should contain the same packages after the re-import, but
I discovered already that our old in-house mechanism did it not always
correctly.
So there will be some minor changes.

bye
adrian

PS: In case of any urgent trouble, there are the "openSUSE:11.3:Update:Old" &
11.4
projects, which contain the current content of :Update but some corrections.

--
Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH