Re: [opensuse-packaging] Valid Category for astrology program
On Friday, February 25, 2011 06:47:32 pm Rajko M. wrote:
On Friday, February 25, 2011 01:52:31 am Paul Elliott wrote:
3) will be true so far as it goes (I suspect something under graphics,
all will agree that astrology programs produce graphical output.)

It is not, as main purpose is not creating or editing graphics.
I would be first to complain about bad categorization if it would be found
there.

The major output of most astrology programs is various kinds of chartwheels
which is an highly specific form of graphical output.

In my humble it would be Amusements, but there is no Amusements/Other.
It will not upset anyone as it amusing for those that believe in it, and
those that don't.

Some people take astrology very seriously investing money based on
astrological calculations. You may disagree with them, (and even think them
fools, (and they probably share the sentiment about you,)) but for these
people astrology is not an amusement.

Our role as packagers is not to tell people what to think.

My guess would be that the best bet is to ask for new category, so that
rpmlint doesn't complain.

--
Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096
pelliott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J