[opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse] Kernel 2.6.38-rc5 and opening LUKS encrypted device
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 12:00:30 -0300
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 11:20 AM, Malte Gell <malte.gell@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

to get my DVB-T stick running i had to upgrade to kernel 2.6.38-rc5 from the
Kernel:Head repo.

Now, when I open my LUKS encrypted /home partition I always get these
messages:

Buffer I/O error on device dm-0, logical block 5

What does that mean? I still can open the encrypted partition without any
problems. Does this message mean there is something going on that might harm
the LUKS partition?

I am running the same kernel with a LUKS encrypted volume and dont see
such message, is there any other
oddity ?