Re: [opensuse-packaging] Need help with libname.
On 02/08/2011 10:28 PM, Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Tue, 08 Feb 2011 16:05:32 +0200, Dave Plater
<davejplater@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think the developers intention was to step the libs up one
$MAJOR_VERSION from what I can gather from his announcement of the
2.0.0 release.

Which is IMO still wrong. See

info '(libtool.info.gz)Updating version info'

for how it should be done. Specially the last paragraph:

*_Never_* try to set the interface numbers so that they
correspond to the release number of your package. This is an
abuse that only fosters misunderstanding of the purpose of
library versions. Instead, use the `-release' flag (*note
Release numbers::), but be warned that every release of your
package will not be binary compatible with any other release.

Thanks for your help.

You're welcome.

Philip

I suppose we need to set him right with a patch, there's no activity
with the bug yet. I'm planning on attempting to use autotools for a
makeinstall of the collada libraries (scons build system) it looks very
easy to use and the documentation is easy to understand.
Dave P