Re: [opensuse-packaging] susehelp... what it is?
  • From: Cristian Morales Vega <cmorve69@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:29:30 +0200
2010/9/26 David Haller <dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hello,

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
The Stellarium package, from the Education repo, installs a file in
/usr/share/susehelp/meta/Stellarium/stellarium_user_guide.desktop.
First time I see that, and searching in the wiki/Google doesn't helps.
If I run "susehelp" KHelpCenter is started... from where there is no
signal of any stellarium docs.

So... What susehelp is? How does it work? Are all packages with some
kind of documentation supposed to install a file in
%{_datadir}/susehelp/meta?

susehelp was/is the WUI (Web UI) Access to the installed
documentation, look for "DOC_SERVER" and/or similar/related variables
somewhere in /etc/sysconfig. It was/is supposed to provide an indexed,
searchable WUI to the installed documentation.

"was/is supposed"?

c.f. (german):
http://de.opensuse.org/SDB:Hilfe_zur_Selbsthilfe#Die_SuSE_Hilfe.2C_Rettung_naht.21

Google translation says something about a "life ring" :-)

(I don't want to boot the box with 11.2 to look that up now, I'll have
a look tomorrow, when I next boot it).

Sorry, I didn't understood this part. What are you going to look at?
If Stellarium docs show in that "WUI"? Should I suppose it requires
some kind of setup that you already have in a 11.2 machine?