Re: [opensuse-packaging] susehelp... what it is?
  • From: David Haller <dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:09:25 +0200
Hello,

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010, Cristian Morales Vega wrote:
The Stellarium package, from the Education repo, installs a file in
/usr/share/susehelp/meta/Stellarium/stellarium_user_guide.desktop.
First time I see that, and searching in the wiki/Google doesn't helps.
If I run "susehelp" KHelpCenter is started... from where there is no
signal of any stellarium docs.

So... What susehelp is? How does it work? Are all packages with some
kind of documentation supposed to install a file in
%{_datadir}/susehelp/meta?

susehelp was/is the WUI (Web UI) Access to the installed
documentation, look for "DOC_SERVER" and/or similar/related variables
somewhere in /etc/sysconfig. It was/is supposed to provide an indexed,
searchable WUI to the installed documentation.

c.f. (german):
http://de.opensuse.org/SDB:Hilfe_zur_Selbsthilfe#Die_SuSE_Hilfe.2C_Rettung_naht.21

(I don't want to boot the box with 11.2 to look that up now, I'll have
a look tomorrow, when I next boot it).

HTH,
-dnh

--
THE LESSER-KNOWN PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES #12: LITHP
This otherwise unremarkable language is distinguished by the absence of