[opensuse-packaging] Question about RIS (Repository Index Service)
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 16:57:28 +0200
Hi,

There's a feature in libzypp that we'd like to use to make it easier for
people to use the GNOME:STABLE repositories. This is RIS:
http://old-en.opensuse.org/Standards/Repository_Index_Service

I played a bit with it, and it's all working fine. Except that there's
this behavior: "Newly added repositories should be added as disabled."

So we tell people to run "zypper as <url> <alias> && zypper refs", but
it's not enough, and we have to tell them to manually enable the repos
created by the service. It could be argued that it's not that much of an
issue, but if we change the RIS index, then new repos have to be
manually enabled again.

Is there any way to make this just work? Or do other people using RIS
have a suggestion to improve the workflow for the user?

Note that I do understand that for security, we'd want the repos to be
disabled by default. But, well, it kind of makes RIS less useful :/

Thanks,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press├ęs.