[opensuse-packaging] Devel packages: Handling factory and older releases
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:47:26 +0200
I've split up a devel package from sane-backends for openSUSE:Factory. I have
added to packages needing the devel library the following:

%if 0%{?suse_version} > 1130
BuildRequires: sane-backends-devel
%else
BuildRequires: sane-backends
%endif

This allows the package, e.g. xsane, to build in an original 11.3 environment.

So, now the package works fine - unless sane-backends and the package are in
the same devel project since the split was done unconditionally in sane-
backends. Now the package xsane will not build for older releases since it has
buildrequires on sane-backends but sane-backends in the same devel project has
a separate devel package that would need to be required.

So, how to solve this the best way?

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany