[opensuse-packaging] Package Descriptions
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 10:54:28 +0200
By now, package descriptions are rather bewildered, and there is doubt
about there formatting. Time ago, they were maintained in a separate
database (PDB) and exported for yast and .spec files as needed.

Now, we parse the .spec files to create something suitable for yast.
Because many a lot \n\n (AKA empty lines) are gone, paragraphs and list
items (= lines starting with "* ") run into one paragraph.

How do we want to proceed with the package description formatting?

--
Karl Eichwalder
R&D / Documentation