Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package Markup / Package Tagging
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 12:11:48 +0200
Am Montag 06 September 2010 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Le lundi 06 septembre 2010, à 11:51 +0200, Michal Marek a écrit :
Having good patch filenames helps you as well, the rest can live in the
patch headers. The autobuild team has to review the patches themselves
anyway. To me it really looks like the goal is to make Vincent's
statistics work fast and reliable and anything else is secondary to that.

I'm sorry if it looks this way, but I can tell you that it's not the
goal: I haven't look at the stat page for a while, and I still find
those patch tags useful when I look at a package I haven't looked at for
a few weeks. Or when I review a change made by someone else.

Perhaps we can make a compromise and have vital infos in the file name and
the rest in the patch itself? This also avoid duplication because if you send
the patch upstream, you usually send the file name too.

Greetings, Stephan