Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package Markup / Package Tagging
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 11:30:55 +0200
Am Freitag 03 September 2010 schrieb Petr Mladek:
Reinhard Max píše v Pá 03. 09. 2010 v 18:35 +0200:
I'd suggest a convention that puts the additonal information next to
the respective "Patch:" Tag, e.g. like this:

Patch0: foo-bar.patch
#P0: INTEGRATION <packager@xxxxxxxxxxxx> description
#P0 description description

Patch1: foo-baz.patch
#P1: BUGFIX <hacker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
#P1 description description description
#P1 continued description

I suggest to switch the oder. Programmers usually put comments before
the relevant code. Then the prefix "Px" would not be needed:

# INTEGRATION <packager@xxxxxxxxxxxx> description
# description description
Patch0: foo-bar.patch

# BUGFIX <hacker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
# description description description
# continued description
Patch1: foo-baz.patch

If you do that format, it will be very hard for a program to decide if this is
a tagged patch or something else. Think of

# BUGFIX <hacker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
# really cool description of old patch
# Patch0: oldpatch
Patch1: foo-baz.patch

So either repeat the number - or even more secure the name of the patch.

Greetings, Stephan