Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package Markup / Package Tagging
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 18:59:36 +0200
On Saturday 04 September 2010 17:46:09 Bernhard Walle wrote:
Hi,

Am 04.09.10 16:05, schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
Personally I like the KDE approach like in
http://old-en.opensuse.org/KDE/Patch_Annotation_Policy
better. It's similar to the style I use in mozilla nowadays.

Indeed. KDE seems to use it, Mozilla seems to use it, and the kernel use
a similar style since ages. The spec file even gets auto-generated there
and the patches are in a tarball, so the proposed scheme wouldn't even
work.

And as I said in the other mail, Debian and Ubuntu use in-patch metadata.

It helps us communicating patches back to upstream and sharing sideways (other
distributions).

It would also help cross-distribution builds in the OBS.

Will

--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Team