Re: [opensuse-packaging] Package Markup / Package Tagging
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 19:47:12 +0200
On 2010-09-03 19:27:15 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
This does not yet address the entire lifecycle of the patch. For this,
every touched patch needs to be mentioned, by filename, in the .changes
file.

I really dislike the fact that the changelogs of our packages include from
users' point of view completely irrelevant developer information. If the
build service is not good enough for this on its own, it at least shouldn't
be in the package's changelog.

it has to be in the changelog to find out when and why a patch got
removed. this information is also interesting for users when they want
to find out why a fix/feature got removed.

trust me ... walking down the history to find out when a patch got
removed and then guessing why is no fun. I had to do that more than once
already.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux