Re: [opensuse-packaging] Recommends/Requires for lang files
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 09:40:01 +0200
On Tuesday 31 August 2010 12:48:04 Andreas Jaeger wrote:
For -lang files that only contain .mo files (translations) and no doc files
etc., we should use Recommends and not Requires. This allows users that
run an English only system to remove the lang files completely. Please
keep this in mind when packaging and change the spec files.

I've just gone through a couple of packages and will send submitrequests
for these,

Btw. we can change
Requires: %name-lang = %version
Recommends: %name-lang

since the lang package itself has an explicit requires on the version of the
base package - and recommending a specific version does not make sense,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany