[opensuse-packaging] Re: How to Build and Package Python 3 Packages?
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 18:30:37 +0100
On 03/15/2010 06:13 PM, Jan Matejek wrote:
Ideas, anyone?

Fedora already updated their Packaging documentation with info how to
deal with Python 3: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Python

I will try to summarize the main points:

* Python 2.6 is still default
* python runtime packages provide python(abi) symbols
(in versions 2.6 and 3.1 at the moment), modules require
the respective symbols (via rpm auto-dependency-generator)
* to build a package containing pythonX module you need to add
pythonX-devel to BuildRequires (python2-devel/python3-devel or both
when package provides module for both versions)
* new macros: %__python3, %python3_sitelib, %python3_sitearch

More precise info is available from the wiki.

If it is possible and desired I think we could try to align to Fedora again.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144 19000 Praha 9, CR
prusnak[at]suse.cz http://www.suse.cz