Re: [opensuse-packaging] How can I produce two different builds of the same package?
  • From: Christian <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 19:58:10 +0000
Hi

Schlomo Schapiro schrieb:
Hi,

did you talk to Kern about modifying Bacula so that it builds these libraries
into different names and dynamically loads the correct one? This would allow
the
user to actually have the DB backend as a configuration option.

I did, with following result:

Hello,

This is a project that I (and we) have wanted and planned for quite some time,
and in fact, it is now an "official" project being actively worked on by
Marco and will shortly be documented on our development blog.

Due to scheduling, this feature will not make it into the 3.2.0 release (due
by end of Jan 2010), but will almost surely (99%) be in the release after
that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I probably will not add it to the project file,
but do not worry, because it is well on track to be implemented already.

Best regards,

Kern