Re: [opensuse-packaging] Rebuilding in OBS
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 10:52:03 +0200
Am Freitag, 28. August 2009 10:44:22 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Le mercredi 26 août 2009, à 14:42 +0200, Vincent Untz a écrit :
Le mardi 25 août 2009, à 17:32 +0200, Stephan Kulow a écrit :
Yes, this is _exactly_ what should be done. Building against snapshot
should be actually the preferred solution for all but a very limited
set of projects out there.

I'll change G:F to build against snapshot once we'll be ready to start a
fun new "let's rebuild everything in G:F" cycle. Should be sometimes
today or tomorrow.

Done.

And then there is question when to sync snapshot. Right now it's done
(if I remember) before full rebuilds, but it's possible to couple it
with the publishing of /factory/repo/oss (in theory, I have no clue
about the code in question :)

Yeah, it'd be nice to do this change. This should avoid some potential
issues where some ABI in standard and snapshots are different (in a
library that is not correctly versioned, eg).

How can I help make this happen? :-)

I am currently thinking about some concept how to do this every repo, without
the need to create another one like snapshot.

However, this will end up in more package builds, when we have it. So we will
be less often in "blocked" but way more in "scheduled" due to the increased
job numbers :/

So I am not that sure that this will be helpfull at all.

bye
adrian

--

Adrian Schroeter