[opensuse-packaging] ANNOUNCE: changing the role of pre_checkin.sh
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 17:18:28 +0200
Hi,

We just had a little discussion about one little detail of our checkins
and I would like to announce the result:

- we will no longer call pre_checkin.sh while accepting, it has to
be called by the packager _before_ submit (pre checkin basically :)
This has two reasons:
1. be less suprising if accepting changes spec file texts - especially
for people new to packaing this proved to be a factor
2. avoid one more risk of our infrastructure by malformed scripts
(the more important reason)

- osc commit will (later) call the script before transfering to the server,
so you also have more freedom in what you call in that script, it only
has to be on your computer [as long as you can live without co-maintainers]

Unrelated to this I would like to remind everyone that every extra
script and data file needs to be listed as Source in the .spec file.

The change is not yet active, but please stop relying on others calling
pre_checkin.sh now.

Thanks, Stephan