Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Packagers Section in Weekly News
  • From: "Sascha 'saigkill' Manns" <samannsml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:57:46 +0200
Am Mittwoch 19 August 2009 13:09:44 wrote Sankar P:
On 8/19/2009 at 02:12 PM, in message

<4A8BD701020000290002A712@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Dominique
Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--
Sankar
http://psankar.blogspot.com

On 8/19/2009 at 10:37, "Sascha 'saigkill' Manns"
<samannsml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

wrote:
Hello Mates,

today i got an interesting Idea in our Weekly News Survey. An User
asks for an own Packaging Section. He mean that that is an place
for Packagers to announce fixed Packages (with an Bugzilla
Reference). So the Weekly News Format is maybe:

* Bugzilla-Number and Summary
* Package and Version
* Date and Packager
* Free Text: What is changed. (Short Issue).

Exists interesting about that Idea? Would Packager like to
announce through the Weekly News?

I'd suggest (at least for Factory) to follow the opensuse-commit
mailing list

:) Every package change passes there already. And I'm actually not
: sure

I want to inform you for every package I change :) this can be a
lot of mails coming in your direction.

As Dominique and I just found out in IRC , there is a RSS interface

Since most people would like to follow than reply-to such things, it
may be better to get subscribed to this via reader.
That is an interesting Idea. Thanks for that...

--
Sincerely yours

Sascha Manns
openSUSE Ambassador